Monday, October 6, 2014

OOTD: easy layers

Yesterday was a pretty relaxing Sunday - my favorite kind of Sunday. My boyfriend and I took a trip up to the outlets to shop, and then went to a casual dinner. This was the first weekend in Western PA that really felt like fall - complete with 50 degree weather and changing leaves. So, I happily piled on the layers. I wanted to keep it comfortable for our errands, so I resorted to some go-to pieces - chambray and flats. I chose to do a denim-on-denim look, but broke it up with a dark sweater and light trench coat. The key with wearing double denim is choosing two different shades, and breaking it up with another color or two, whether it be a belt, sweater, or colorful necklace.

[chambray tunic | Old Navy]
[black sweater | JC Penney]
[trench coat | Joe Fresh for JC Penney]
[jeans | J.Crew Factory]
[flats | Tory Burch]
[collar details]
[two collars are better than one!]
[bangle | Kate Spade]
[signs of fall: red leaves, acorns, and flats]
Lately, I'm all about mixing high-low pieces. I love a good deal, but I love a good investment piece equally as much. I think spending a little more money on pieces that are staples is totally justifiable. Even though a tan trench would typically be an investment, I scored this one in the summer at JC Penney for $9.88. These are the perks at shopping at the end of a season (a favorite pastime of mine)!

happy layering!
G

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you bought that for less than $10 is absolutely amazing. What an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it! I was going to buy it for $19.88, but then it rang up for $9.88 and I was ecstatic!

      Delete