Thursday, October 16, 2014

october ipsy: first impressions

I received my Ipsy bag in the mail two days ago - so of course I want to give you the low down about the products I received. And yes, I was so excited that I tried them all within 24 hours of receiving them. Here goes nothing!



bag | Not bad! I like the color, and the quilted pattern is kinda cool.

Revlon Bold Lacquer mascara | I was pleasantly surprised to see that this product was full sized! I am very picky with mascara, but I thought this mascara was nice. It has little fibers in it to make your lashes longer and fuller. I didn't notice much volume, but I did notice more length in my lashes. The formula wasn't clumpy at all, which I definitely appreciate. However, the mascara did flake a little after all-day wear.

Doll 10 H2Glo highlighter in Champagne | I'm a fan of this highlighter! It is a nice size sample, and it is subtle enough that it's not overbearingly sparkly on your face. I put this on my cheekbones and under my brows. I think it could be used as a cream eyeshadow too! It reminds me of the Benefit Watt's Up highlighter.

Figs & Rouge hand cream | This is a "nice to have." The packaging is adorable, and the mango mandarin scent is nice - not too strong. I think I'll throw this in my bag, car, or leave it at my desk for when I need hand cream in a pinch.

Epice purifying exfoliant | I've been needing a new exfoliator since my LUSH Ocean Salt ran out, so I was happy to receive this. The exfoliants in this face wash are very fine, so it is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I tried it last night, and I found that my skin was feeling pretty smooth afterwards. Not sure if I would buy a full size of this item, but it worked well. I wasn't super overwhelmed by it, though.

The fifth product that I got a sneak peak of in my "glam room" (your online account featuring the monthly products you receive) was not in my bag. I emailed ipsycare, and luckily they were happy to send it to me. It's a red lipstick by Noyah, which might be nice to have for autumn and the holidays.

To be honest, I liked this bag, and it was of course exciting to receive it in the mail, but I was a little underwhelmed. The products were nice, but not rave-worthy.

Stay tuned for next month's review!

xoxo,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment