Monday, October 20, 2014

bright flannel+neutrals: weekend OOTD

This past Saturday morning, the boyfriend and I went down to East Liberty, one of our favorite neighborhoods in Pittsburgh (more on this later this week). Because I am dressed business casual all week, I knew I wanted to relish in comfy-cozy duds on Saturday.

I've been dying to wear a good flannel/sweater combo lately, and this colorful flannel was the one that stuck out to me that morning. When I popped my sweater over top of the flannel, I realized that the plaid actually had hints of burnt orange in it. I was pleased that the colors tied together so well - enough of a contrast and not too matchy.

[All about neutrals with a hint of color.]
[flannel, similar | Target
sweater, last year | Madewell
pixie pants | J.Crew
boots | Karen Scott
purse | Tory Burch]
[Sidenote: I'll never get over the awkwardness of fashion blogger pics. Now I see the argument for blogger selfies... Kind of.]

[I'm a sucker for a good elbow patch.]

[My J.Crew Pixie pants are on repeat throughout fall and winter. Think of them like your favorite pair of leggings, but thicker and more structured.]
Next time you want to resort to your favorite neutrals, add a pop of color! You won't regret it.

xoxo,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment