Tuesday, October 28, 2014

BÓhem bistro: a restaurant review

A few weeks ago, one of my best friends and I were looking for a cute little place to grab dinner during the week, in order to celebrate my birthday. She recommended BÓhem Bistro in Seven Fields, PA. After looking at their website, and hearing about the rustic decor, I was sold.

The atmosphere of this place was cozy, warm, and european-inspired. They even have an outside patio with string lights, which would be great to relax on in warmer months.

[Beautiful lighting fixtures.]

[Wine bottles hanging from the ceiling in a light fixture.]

[Love locks outside of the bathrooms.]
My girl friend, Alexandra, and I were in awe of the pretty decor and rustic touches. But, the true test was the food.

[Soft pretzels and peach beer.]

First, we both ordered the Dogfish Head Festina Peche beer - delish. BÓhem had their Oktoberfest menu available, so then we eagerly ordered the soft pretzels with beer cheese, spicy mustard, and cinnamon sugar. Yummmmy. I highly recommend these. The mix of sweet and savory was one that I really enjoyed.  

[Our main courses.]
For my main course, I ordered the fig, blue cheese, and balsamic glaze flatbread with a side salad. Alexandra ordered the caesar salad and potato pancakes. I wasn't a huge fan of my flatbread, to be honest. The blue cheese was slightly overpowering, and I realized that I'm not a huge fig fan. Oh well, you live and you learn.

[A birthday treat!]
We topped the meal off with whiskey chocolate cake. Alcohol plus chocolate?! Sign me up. Luckily, there was no birthday singing at this place. Phew. Note the wood chop block that most of the courses are served on. No detail was overlooked here, and I can certainly appreciate that.

Alexandra and I had a great time. Isn't catching up with your best friend over dinner the best?! Overall, BÓhem Bistro was a lovely experience. I could go on and on about the atmosphere. Honestly, I think I just ordered the wrong main dish. All the other guests' dinners looked delicious, so I'm excited to go back in the future and try something new!

Are there any other restaurants in the Seven Fields area that you love? Let me know by leaving a comment!

xoxo,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment