Saturday, October 11, 2014

hunter packable rain boots

One of my favorite things about fall is getting cozy. Wearing layers, lighting candles, and snuggling up on the couch with a cup of tea = yes. yes. and yes.

I'm always looking for fashion pieces that will transition well into winter, because, let's be real, the winter in Western PA never ends. The Hunter 'Tour' Packable Rain Boots are definitely an investment that will last you for many seasons and years to come.


I received my Hunter boots as a Christmas gift last year. I had asked for the Hunter Original boots, but because of the holiday season they were sold out. My dad asked the associate at Nordstrom for an alternative option, so they recommended the Hunter packable boots (aren't dads the best?). I'm SO glad that the original Hunters were sold out. The packable Hunters are without a doubt a favorite for chilly months. This version of the boots move with you when you walk and they are very lightweight.


To be honest, I search for excuses to wear these. I wear these boots even when it's not raining, because they're super super comfortable and the forest green pairs well with a lot of pieces in my closet. Wearing these boots also gives my leather riding boots a little bit of a break. An added bonus: they are flexible and meant to be packed away. So, if you're going on a winter getaway, you can pack these and still have room all those (necessary) outfit options in your suitcase!

These boots are also great because you can insert fleece liners for extra warmth when it's snowing. And, if you're thinking ahead to spring, I find it super cute when people wear casual dresses or jean shorts with rain boots. Need I name any more reasons to snag these?

what I'd pair them with: plaid, chambray, cozy brown or grey sweaters, leggings, denim.


Do you have any favorite pieces that last you from fall through winter? Let me know by leaving a comment!

xoxo,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment