Thursday, October 23, 2014

anthro pop-up market

A few weeks ago, I received an email from Anthropologie about a "Pop Up Market" they were hosting at the Bakery Square store in East Liberty. The market would feature locally-made goods, and because I'm a believer in supporting local artists and I love purchasing unique items, I figured I would head down and check it out.

[Pop-Up Market sign outside of the Anthro doors.]

It was an adorable event, I must say. Plus, I'll always look for an excuse to peruse the racks of an Anthropologie store. They had about 6 tables set up in the front of the store (complete with bunting draped across each one). Many tables featured smaller items, from flower arrangements to stationary to succulents. It was right up my alley.

The card display caught my eye almost immediately, because of the perfect typography and simple designs. I purchased a card that reads "home is where the heart grows." I plan to frame it and incorporate it into my not-yet-started gallery wall. It'll be up someday and I'll be sure to share!

[Typographic heaven.]
The creator of these beautiful cards is Jessi Evans of Orchard - a paper & stationary company. She was super sweet when we chatted briefly at the pop-up market, and also offered me a post card in lieu of a business card. I loved that little touch! Definitely check out her website, she has some really unique designs.

I am hopeful that Anthropologie will host more events like this one in the future. Even though I didn't buy much, it was enjoyable seeing local small businesses and artists' work on display.

Have you been to any other pop-up markets in the Pittsburgh area? Let me know, I'm always looking for more!

xoxo,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment