Monday, February 2, 2015

what's in my bag[s]

Because who doesn't love a good peep through someone else's handbag?!





Tory Burch Robinson Middy Satchel [similar]| My heart flutters just thinking about any Tory Burch item, so it's no surprise that I am obsessed with my TB satchel. It's my go-to handbag for many many reasons. For starters, it is basically a Mary Poppins bag because it fits just about everything except for a laptop, without feeling too large to carry [I've toted iPads, planners, and makeup bags in this petite-looking bag]. In addition, the cognac color goes with navy, grey, black, brown... basically any color I wear on a day-to-day basis. The bag also comes with a removable shoulder strap, in addition to the shorter arm straps, which is perfect for when I want to carry my bag hands-free. The quality of this bag is outstanding, and I know I will love it for years and years to come. I could name a million more reasons why I love this structured & polished bag, but I'll spare you. [wink!]

Kimchi Blue wallet from Urban Outfitters [old] | This wallet is an oldie but a goodie. I'm probably due for a new one, but I just love the subtle grey color, laser cut detail, and tiffany-blue lining on the inside.

Ray Ban Tortoise Wayfarers | These shades are perfect for summer or winter, and add just the right amount of chic mystery to outfits. I may be biased due to my love for anything tortoise.

Vaseline | Let's be real... who doesn't slather this stuff on all winter?! Although, I recently read an article about how harmful it can be and my world came crashing down! I'm not sure I believe all the hoopla, because clearly I'm still using it on the daily.

Vera Bradley mini pouch [old] | This colorful mini pouch was a gift from my boyfriend's mom a few years back. I love the pop of color it adds to my handbag items and it fits all my gift cards perfectly.



Revlon lipstick in Sassy Mauve | The perfect wintery, subtle mauve color for when you need a pop of color in your life or on your lips.

Benefit Dr. Feelgood balm | I don't know about you guys, but when I leave work at the end of the day I don't always look as fresh as I did when I came in. If I'm on my way to dinner or drinks with friends, I make sure to pat on a little bit of this stuff. Why, you ask? It is a facial balm that helps to control oil and smooth out imperfections for when you need to freshen up in a pinch.

Orbit Sweet Mint gum | The best. I hate mint flavored gum that is so minty it makes your nose and tongue hurt, hence why I always choose this mild sweet mint flavor.

Vera Bradley makeup bag | Vera Bradley introduced a new line of leather and faux leather goods, and I am all for the subtle and sophisticated patterns and shapes. This tiny makeup bag is perfect for organizing those little must-have emergency items in your handbag, such as a mini hairbrush, chapstick, gum, pens, and other bits. I'm a big supporter of bags within bags [#baglady], so that the smaller items aren't rattling around.

J.Crew mittens [old] | For those I-have-no-idea-what-the-weather-is-going-to-be-like-because-I-live-in-western-PA days. I don't mind that these mittens aren't tech-friendly, because they provide warmth and style to any ensemble. I love the marled look because it adds a bit of texture to an otherwise monochromatic winter outfit.

What are your must-have handbag items?

xoxo,
G

2 comments:

  1. If you're looking for a healthier alternative to Vaseline you should check out LUSH's Ultrabalm! It basically works in all the same ways but is made up of plant oils and butters. It's basically my winter/cold season life saver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, thank you from one Lush addict to another! I'll definitely be picking that up next time I stop at Lush.

      Delete