Monday, January 26, 2015

my [last] january ipsy review




bag | Once again, I am feeling "meh" about the bag. It isn't as awful as last month's, but surely didn't blow my socks off. One side is white, one side is a royal blue, which are two colors I like, however the size and the fabric make this something that I won't use often.

Liquid eyeliner by Coastal Scents | Aside from the fact that I can't do a winged liner look to save my life, this product seems it be a good one. It has a sturdy felt tip brush and is jet black [two things I would probably look for if I could maneuver liquid liner]. Plus, the full size is very affordable at a mere $2.95!

Take it off! exfoliating honey peel off mask by Hey Honey | Is it just me, or is there something weirdly satisfying about a peel off mask? I'm not exactly sure where the "exfoliating" part of this product comes in, due to it's gooey texture, but I know that it removed the grime from my skin. This may be TMI, but I could actually see the dirt on the mask pieces I pulled off.

Be Good. Good Day. Day Moisturizer. by La Fresh Eco-Beauty | First of all, the name of this product is questionable. "Be good. Good day. Day Moisturizer." They could have stopped at day moisturizer and gotten the point across. Anyway, I digress. I'm starting to love this day time moisturizer. It is definitely not heavy enough to use at night, but it sits well under makeup during the day due to its lightweight formula and fresh cucumber scent.

Natural mineral coconut eye shadow by Pacifica in Ethereal | I need another nude eye shadow like I need another pair of shoes [I don't], but this product is lovely! The formula is very buttery and smooth, and it doesn't hurt that it's 100% vegan. This brand is available at Target, and I've also heard wonderful things about their blood orange lotion.

Velvet rose lipgloss by Velvet 59 in noisette | I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this gloss and loved it, seeing as I'm not a huge lip gloss gal. Lately I am super into rosy mauve colors, and this product has just the right amount of tint to it. Did I mention that I adore the chic clear packaging, silver handle, and faint rose scent? I've been layering this gloss over Revlon's Sassy Mauve, and it works like a dream.


I'm sure you've noticed a trend of me not being super excited with my Ipsy bags the past few months, which is why I have decided to cancel my subscription and receive the Sample Society box by Allure [only $15 a month!]. For only $10 a month, I still think Ipsy is a good deal for beauty lovers, but, I felt like a lot of the products weren't useful to me. I think Ipsy tries to avoid this by making subscribers take a beauty quiz, allowing you to choose the items and brands that you use most, but I still wasn't receiving the type of items I requested.

After spending far too much time researching past Sample Society boxes with my best friend via phone, I concluded that the $5 extra a month is worth it to receive samples of higher end brands that I might not normally buy. According to the site, the Allure beauty editor's choose their favorite beauty products for the month, and each subscriber gets the same box [although the colors of items may differ]. Keep a look out for my February Sample Society review next month! I can't wait to share it with you.

xoxo,
G

2 comments:

  1. can't wait for your sample society box posts <3 #goodbyeipsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to be jumping the boat with Ipsy soon myself. As a long term subscriber they've been leaving something to be desired for months now and I just don't think it's worth the money. Can't wait to see your Sample Society reviews, though! I hope you're happy with the switch.

    ReplyDelete