Tuesday, January 20, 2015

yes way rosé

Weekends are the perfect time to try something new with old friends. I knew I was going to meet a few friends for drinks on Friday night with no real destination in mind. After a recommendation from my best friend, I suggested Casbah, simply because I heard they have wine flights.

Casbah is a Mediterranean restaurant and wine bar located on S. Highland Ave, right in between Shadyside and East Liberty in Pittsburgh. A couple friends and I sat in the downstairs dining room, complete with a view of the wine cellar. We decided to only order a few flights of wine and one appetizer after realizing that the menu was prettyyy pricey. My friend and I split the bruschetta - a lovely combination of butternut squash ricotta, pomegranate, currents, and hazelnuts on grilled sourdough. It certainly wasn't your typical bruschetta but I thought the flavor combination was delicious. [Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it!]

Okay, now on to the important part - the wine.


After feeling slightly disappointed that they were out of the "Bouquet of Rosé" flight [as advertised on their website], I chose to order the "Sparkler" flight - a medley of brut champagne, rosé and prosecco [$12]. This combo did not disappoint and also made me feel super fancy [insert girl-with-hand-out emoji here]. I liked the rosé so much that I decided to order the full glass once we were done with our flights.

If you're going out for a special occasion, or you're just in the mood to feel fancy, I would recommend going to Casbah to try a wine flight or two. I think next time I'll try lunch... That menu's prices seem a bit more reasonable.

Oh, did I mention that Yes Way Rosé liked my Insta from Friday night?! Day. Made.

Cheers,
G

3 comments: